Sunday, February 23, 2014

Building With Books



 
 
 
As a kindergarten and first grade special education teacher, I spend a majority of my day, every day, teaching children how to read. The more I teach, the more I learn the importance of literacy. It has the power to open doors to a future of possibilities, it plants the seeds of imagination, it gives children the confidence to dream wild and amazing dreams and then make those dreams come true. My friend JD, along with her children, are heading up a project to build a library in a rural village in Ghana. This project will be overseen by Compassion International, and will open many doors for the community of Enyan Abaasa. If you understand the importance of books for literacy, and the importance of literacy in the fight against poverty, I hope you will check out JD's blog post and consider how you can be involved in this amazing project.


2 comments:

Jill Foley said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention....I love how God is continuing to work through JD in this situation. I'll post about this too...

JD said...

Sweet sister... thank you <3 God shall grow the seed into fruitful harvest!