Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Beautiful Moment

This one of my journal entries from my time in Zimbabwe:

"Today we got a call that one of the women in our program had her baby. Unable to breastfeed because of malnutrition and risk of passing on HIV to the baby, we went into town to take her formula. When we met she hugged me and hugged me. I held her baby, Flora, and prayed over her. It was one of those moments that is so beautiful and overwhelming, that in that one moment you know you are exactly where God wants you to be and you are doing exactly what God wants you to be doing."

There is such a freedom in those moments of clarity. So much of my life is lived in unsureness, and it is only faith that pushes me forward. The way God spoke to me in that moment was so overwhelming and peaceful at the same time. A beauty I will never forget.

Overwhelmed,
Rebecca

No comments: