Sunday, July 6, 2008

Taking my own advice...

I've been wavering the last couple months on making the big commitment to stop supporting companies who use human exploitation in creating their products.

This week I did it... I took the plunge. If you've seen the FLA list of socially responsible organizations, it is not a very long list. Not only are these companies a little more expensive than I am use to, the styles aren't exactly my own. Thankfully I was enlightened that I can also shop at second hand stores, seeing as the proceeds usually go to a good cause rather than to clothing companies.

So, today I went to the outlets of a couple of the acceptable stores to check them out. I was a little disappointed to walk away with only a pair of jeans and a tank top, but I think when I wear them I will be satisfied knowing I am doing my part...although ever so small.

So wish me luck on this journey of self discipline. I can do it...I think :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

What an amazing challenge. You never know, you might find something really wonderful hidden in one of those stores...

Regina said...

WOW!!!! I am very impressed by this commitment!! I am a shopoholic who lives in a country where I can't buy anything.... but I would love to have this list for when I am home!!!