Friday, February 13, 2009

Meeting Dilsili

The main reason most go on a Compassion tour is to meet their sponsored child(ren). I sponsor one child in India named Dilsili. She is 17 and she is beautiful. Out of all the many wonderful expriences I had in India meeting her was the best. On the trip there is a set day for all sponsors to meet with their children. Unfortunately, since Dilsili is in standard 12 and her annual exam was on the meeting day she was not able to come, so I met her on another day. We only had a few hours together because of the long trip (it took her 14 hours each way), but I appreciated every second of it. She brought along to show me every letter and picture I have ever sent her. Among the gifts I brought her was a photo album. When we went through it she could tell me the names of each person! It really hit me at that moment how special those simple letters and pictures are to her. She brought me some gifts she had made, but my favorite gift is the song she sang for me. Now you all are lucky enough to share this gift with me. The words mean that God's grace is sufficient.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great video of our sponsored child, but i had to laugh when i heard the door bell ringing in the background several times. Cool!
Jarrett

Anonymous said...

(your) sponsored child
Jarrett