Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jesus in the Inner-city

The following is my 2009 Youth for Christ support letter.



Dear Friend,
Blessings! Above is a picture of Angelina and Steven, two of the kids who attend my City Life club at Jefferson Elementary School in downtown Fresno. If you are wondering what they are looking at, it is with much joy that I tell you it is a Bible. Not just any Bible: it is Steven’s first Bible. His sister, Angelina, who received a Bible a few weeks earlier, is teaching her little brother how to look up scriptures. Angelina and Steven are two of the hundreds of kids who have been impacted by Fresno/Madera Youth for Christ this year.

As you may know, I have been with Youth for Christ a little over two years now, serving in the City Life program as a volunteer and an intern. I am blessed to announce that I have been given the opportunity to become a part-time staff member. In my new position as Summer Internship Director, I will be recruiting, mentoring, and overseeing summer interns, as well as continuing my ministry in the Jefferson neighborhood.

One of my favorite parts about working with YFC has been the freedom to use my talents, passions, and ambitions in my ministry. In my new position I will get to work with interns in creating summer programs in which they, too, can use their talents and passions for the glory of the Kingdom.

Would you like to come alongside me in this ministry? Most importantly, I ask that you would cover me, the interns, and the summer programs in prayer. Also, as the programs begin, many will need extra volunteers. Please let me know if you would like to consider participating in one of these short-term ministries. Last, but not least, developing and implementing these programs requires financial support. My goal is to raise $3600 for the months of April through August.

I am excited to see how God will use me in this new position, and I ask that you would prayerfully consider joining me in this ministry opportunity.

Thank you and God Bless,
Rebecca L. Allen


Donations and notes of encouragement may be sent to:

Fresno/Madera Youth For Christ
P.O. Box 4117
Fresno, CA 93744

(To support my ministry please include my name in the memo portion of the check)

To find our more about Youth for Christ visit our website at http://yfcnow.org/.

And just because I like to show them off, here are a few pics of some of our awesome kids!

Hanging out at Saturday Sports:


A special dinner with some of the kids at my house:


Taking students to a baseball game:


City Life kids performing a tap dance at a Youth for Christ outreach:


Some of our Jefferson girls in an angel making contest:

No comments: