Friday, August 14, 2009

A Few Faces From YFC

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who have prayed for me, the interns, the kids, and the overall ministry of Youth for Christ over the summer, and over the past 2 1/2 years as I have worked with YFC in various ways.

Although I am not a parent myself, the more I work with these kids the more my love for them grows, and at moments God gives me an inkling of the love HE feels for His children, and I am completely overwhelmed. This feeling brings me to my knees, and I am reminded how time and time again in my Christian community I hear the emphasis of how important it is for parents to fervently be praying for their kids. I know that this has been true of my parents, and I know it has made a difference in my life and in the heart I have for Christ.

Having said that, I would like to point out that the majority of the faces you see below do not have parents praying for them. For many of them, if their parents know anything about Christ it is through the example of the children. So, please, as you look at the pictures of these kids, I would ask that you would pray for them. Maybe picture by picture for each one, or maybe God will tug at your heart for an individual child. Many of the pictures have names, but if you are curious about a child that is not named, please let me know. I know your prayers can make a huge difference in these children's lives!



God Bless,
Rebecca

No comments: