Tuesday, July 21, 2009

YFC Update Letter

Dear Friends,

Blessings! I would like to say a big thank you for all of your generous prayer and financial support over the last several months. Summer has officially begun at Youth for Christ! We have a great team of interns who have stepped up to provide fun, safe, and Christ-centered activities for the youth of downtown Fresno.

If you were to visit Youth for Christ’s office any given weekday, which we encourage you to do, you would find youth of all ages learning about the love of Christ through graffiti art, music, crafts, improvisation, community service, and various other activities.

As Summer Intern Director, I have been amazed to see how God has brought together a diverse group of people. Each intern comes with a unique background and set of talents, forming a team representative of how wide and vast His love and His kingdom are. As the weeks pass I see these interns grow. Some are comfortable within the neighborhoods similar to their own, and some are completely stretched beyond their comfort zone, but with each one I am proud to see their willingness for God to use their testimony and their talents, whatever that may look like.

As the summer continues I would encourage you to keep the youth, the interns, and myself in your prayers. Pray that God would expand the reach of Youth for Christ, and that we would be able to bring in new youth who have never experienced the love of Christ. Pray for the interns to grow in their personal relationships with Christ through this experience, and that their actions and words would be a living example of the truth they are teaching. Please pray for me as well, that I may have creativity, compassion, and wisdom as I lead this team of interns.

Thank you again for your continued prayer and support. I have been blessed by your generosity. If you are still interested in donating, your gift would be greatly appreciated as I am still working to reach my goal.


God Bless,

Rebecca L Allen
Summer Intern Director
Fresno/Madera Youth for Christ


Some YFC students making WaPIs (Water Pasteurization Indicators) that will go to communities in Swaziland where they have penpals.


YFC interns preparing for a fundraiser dinner.


YFC interns in the kitchen getting ready to serve spaghetti to some of our awsome supporters.

No comments: