Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weird.

You know what's weird? Me actually writing posts two days in a row.

But that's not what I want to talk about.

Here's the deal.

I am having surgery and would love your prayers.

There....I said it. I don't know why I have had such an issue with sharing my health problems with you all, because I know that among you there are many prayer warriors and friends.

I actually sat down yesterday to tell you about my surgery, and somehow it became a really lame story about a flashlight.

Consider my blog just another victim of my hormonal mindlessness.

How does a surgery post turn into a story about a flashlight? The same way I fall asleep in the park, or go the entire day with my shirt on inside out, or drive halfway to work before I realize that it is Saturday, and I am suppose be going somewhere else.

Long story short, I have lots of stuff inside of me that shouldn't be there....specifically on my ovaries. In hopes to avoid surgery, they have been experimenting on me. I have been on four different varieties and strengths of hormones over the last year or so, and other than giving me hot flashes and making me completely nuts, they have done no good.

Last week one of my doctors told me I was just weird. Unfortunately she was not talking about my personality.

On Friday, March 25th, I will be having surgery to remove cysts and tumors, and I would be so grateful for your prayers. They are also hoping that surgery will give a little more clarity as to what exactly is going on inside my body.

It feels good to have that out there.

I have to admit that I am worried about getting anxiety over this. Man, I have problems. But really, so far I am feeling okay, and am ready to get answers.

Thanks for listening,

9 comments:

Cathrine said...

Praying for you friend. What it all comes down to is that everything is going to be fine, fine, fine

Mark Langham said...

I will be be praying Rebecca.

~ melissa ~ said...

I'll be praying for you. Thanks for sharing....your prayer warriors want to know.

2boymommy said...

B, I am so glad you did say something so that I can be praying for you!! Surgery is a good thing with something like this... get that stuff out of there. Really am praying for you!! XOXO

Shebecomes said...

Thank you everyone. Your prayers and support mean more than you know!

@Cat- Thsnks for the song in my head :) Good choice.

courtcourt04 said...

You will be in my prayers.

Jess Elyse said...

Becca!
I will definitely be praying for you in the days to come and the days after your surgery.

Shebecomes said...

@Courtcourt and Jess- Thank you so much!

Jarrett said...

Thanks for letting us know, I will be praying for you