Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bears Beware

I spent Thanksgiving day with my dad.

The last time I saw my dad was shortly after the great bear adventure of 2011.



Naturally, as soon as I walked through the door on Thanksgiving day, my dad handed me a magazine and this (holster included):


The magazine was opened to a four page article about a man who had been attacked by a bear in California.

I read the article and accepted the gift graciously, and understood that in "dad language" he was saying,

"I love you and I do not want you to be mauled to death by a bear."

He also suggested I keep it with me, even in town, as it works on humans just as well.

So, I would like to say a big thank you to my dad in taking a proactive stand in me not being eaten by a bear.

And to all the bears out there:

Beware. It's locked and loaded.

5 comments:

Cathrine said...

bahahah. Wear that everywhere you go.

2boymommy said...

Love this! Great for gross guys that hit on you too!

JD said...

This made me grin and tear up, all at once... how precious it is when a father loves and protects his daughter, even against bears :D

What about bear hugs, though?

Jennifer said...

uhhhmazing! Great story, and great of your dad to make sure you're prepared next time. :)

Shebecomes said...

Ha...I think if I wear it everywhere I go that will definitely solve the problem of gross guys...or any guys... hitting on me (not like thats a huge problem anyways :)