Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sharing the Love

Just a few things I am loving right now:

Hiking through Cameroon with JD at Compassion Can. Through her vivid story telling and beautiful photos, I feel like I am part of the adventure as she shares her journey, combining two of my favorite things: hiking, and remote African schools. I can almost feel my calves burning and the distant sounds of children singing...


Photo by JD

Mark's beautiful celebration of women over at Conspiracy of Hope, in honor of International Women's Day 2012.


Going to bed 30 minutes earlier each night. I recently met a doctor in a casual setting, and he asked me if I was a regulary sleep deprived person (not a good sign). I am reminded that sleep is just as crucial as exercise and diet in living a healthy life, and the extra 30 minutes of sleep makes me feel so much more alive and ready to celebrate the day when my alarm clock goes off.

Committing atleast 20 more minutes of play time (exercise time) with my dog each day. Between the increased play time and the beautiful spring weather, he is one happier companion and I am one happier mama.


Rereading through Hope Lives with Jill at Compassion Family, as well as a wonderful blog community. What a great way to lead up to Easter, and remember Jesus' ministry here on Earth.
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,  to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair... (Isaiah 61)

4 comments:

Mark Langham said...

Thanks Rebecca!!!

Charlotte said...

I just wanted you to know I came here from Shanda's blog. I loved reading the account of your taking the pictures to Zimbabwe with you. What a blessing you are to so many.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Megan @ Here to Find Him said...

I also found you through Shanda's blog. I read the post about the boy who got to see his mother's face after she died because of your photograph. It made me cry. I loved it! I also saw your mention of Cameroon. My dad's cousin and his wife are there right now with their family helping with Wycliffe Associates and I just felt compelled to share that :) Anyway, LOVED your post!

Blessings to you and your loved ones.

Betsy de Cruz said...

Love your pictures and links. Getting an extra 30 minutes of sleep is a GREAT IDEA! I'm sure we could all use that.