There are a few parts to this award: sharing 11 random facts, answering 11 questions chosen by the previous recipient, and then selecting other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award on to.
First things first, here are 11 random facts about me:
1. In 5th grade I won the tetherball championship at my (small) school.
2. I dislike Disneyland. So unCalifornian of me, I know.
3. Although I dislike Disneyland, it was an amazing experience to sing in the Disneyland Candlelight Choir when I was 15.
4. I have the sweetest dog in the world.
5. On Monday I ate cookies 'n' cream ice cream for dinner.
6. I don't eat breakfast, but I know I should.
7. Including step and in-law siblings, I have 12 brothers and sisters.
8. I still wear a retainer to bed every night.
9. Elephants and whales are my favorite animals.
10. My spastic grey hairs have upgraded to full-on highlights.
Here are my questions from Lizzie:
1. Describe yourself in eight words or less: In desperate need of a break.
2. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be? Providing children with the love and support they need to reach their full potential and realize their dreams.
3. Who has had the most impact on your life and why? I would have to say my grandparents. They were constants in an often crazy childhood, and their lives reflect(ed) the love of Christ.
|My grandpa and grandma Doerksen feeding each other cake on their 65th anniversary.|
5. What is your favorite TV show and why? I love Amazing Race because sometimes I get to see glimpses of places I love, and I love seeing traditions and cultures around the world.
6. What is the best compliment you have ever received? My friend Kelley sent me an email a few years ago that said that she keeps my photo by her light switch so it is one of the last things she sees at night and one of the first things she sees in the morning because I inspire her. (She said it much more eloquently). It has stuck with me, and has motivated me to be that girl shes sees in the photo.
|She inspires me too.|
8. Who is the most important person in your life? I don't think I can choose one who is the most important, as I have so many close friends and family members who play irreplaceable roles in my life.
9. What would you do with a million dollars? Oh, the million dollar question! I would pay off all my school debt and invest in or create an organization that provides education and opportunities for children with special needs in third world countries.
10. What is your favorite memory? This is hard, there are so many, so I am going with the first one that comes to mind. This memory spans over 24 hours. It began at Immanuel Child Development Center near Vellore, India, when I made immediate and life-long connections with a couple of the most amazing children on this planet, and it continued as I traveled to Chennai to meet Dilsly. Dilsly confided in me about many things too deep and personal to write in her letters, mostly about her mother who died when she was young. It was a beautiful 24 hours.
|Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things.|
Now to pass the fun along to some bloggy friends (if you would like to participate and are not listed, please let me know and I'll add you):
Annabelle at Along the Emmaus Road
Kayla at Tales of Child Sponsorship
Sarah at Goats Milk Lattes
April at Two in Blue
Aylin at Free and Holy
Jill at Compassion Family
Hannah at Because of Shamim
Susan at To Africa with Love
And here are your questions:
1. What is one thing you want to be remembered for?
2. Who do you relate the most to in the Bible and why?
3. Who has had the greatest impact on your life and why?
4. If you got to "make a wish" and spend one day doing anything, what would you do?
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
6. If you had to choose a completely different career/life path, what would you do?
7. What would you do with a million dollars?
8. List the guests from your dream dinner party.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
10. Tell us about one of your favorite memories.
11. What makes you laugh?