Sunday, July 4, 2010

Immersed

A few months back I shared about having a Mother's Heart. I shared that although I don't have any children of my own, God has blessed me with many children in my life.

Last week I was hanging out with some of the girls I have been mentoring for the last few years, and I just had an overwhelming sense of love for them. I felt love for them that I am sure parents feel for their children...so much that I felt like I was going to explode...so much love that I couldn't contain it.



Feeling that love for them just broke me. Have you ever had God break your heart for someone or something, and you are moved to continuously pray and long for them?



It is like that, but stronger than I have ever felt before.



I have loved these girls for years, and God broke my heart for the neighborhood they live in and the families who live there a long time ago, but last week God pulled me in deeper.



So deep I am completely immersed in God's love for these girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, you really have a mother's heart for loving these children so much. I think that one does not have to be a mother of their own children to know true motherly love. Being a mother is about being able to love someone so much that you'll give up anything for your children and will always put them first because they matter more than your own life. It's an unconditional love. I think that's what a mother's heart and a mother's love is all about. You may not have children of your own but you know how to love like a mother :)

JD said...

I love, love, love, love, love your heart, girl... and I love your words. You are a wonderful writer, you convey emotions that I can relate to, in ways that touch my heart.

"Feeling that love for them just broke me. Have you ever had God break your heart for someone or something, and you are moved to continuously pray and long for them?"

Yes, I have!!! It's an God-breathed feeling!