Thursday, August 14, 2008

Faith or Complacency?

Two nights ago I was looking at pictures of my YFC kids, and God put it on my heart that they need school supplies. So I prayed that God would provide the supplies they need, and with a sense of assurance went to sleep.

The next afternoon, without a mention of my prayer to anyone, a friend asked me how many backpacks full of supplies I needed for my Jefferson kids. Without hesitation I told her the number, and that was that, they should have them next week.

It wasn't until a couple hours later I realized how unthankful I am. I responded to my friend without excitement, I guess because the blessing was expected. More importantly, I didn't respond to God at all...until later that is.

God's faithfulness astounds me. Ask and you will recieve (Matthew 7:7). I have seen this time and time again, and believe it with all my heart. I know that my kids having school supplies is in God's will, and I prayed accordingly, and God provided. The part that scares me is that I could see something so extraordinary as ordinary that I fail to fall face down and give thanks.

My prayer is that I should live by faith, not complacency. There should never be a time when God's everyday miracles, acts of love and provision for his children, are not recognized as just that. May there never be a moment that passes that I do not give thanks to my King.

As you go about your day I pray would open your eyes to the miracles around you.

Blessings-
Rebecca

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father." John 14:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny you wrote a post on this, because I've been dealing with the same thing lately! God has really done some amazing things in mine and Justin's lives, and I have to keep reminding myself to thank Him for it -- it's so easy to think it was because of us, but we KNOW we couldn't have gotten here alone.

Thanks for this one. :)