Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This and That

A few short updates on life:

*We had a girls' night.


It has literally been years since all of us have been together at the same time. We had fun, and laughed too loud for being in public.

*I just spent 3 days in Colorado with my family.


My grandma's cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. She is undergoing a newer treatment called Herceptin. It is usually used along with chemo, and has very mild side effects. My grandma cannot undergo chemo, so they are testing it out to see if it will slow down the cancer on its own. Your prayers are appreciated!

*I am famous. Well, not really, at all. But I did find out I am a published photographer!



I took this picture a couple years ago at the zoo. My friend (the mother of this child) submitted the picture in some kind of contest, and last night she told me that it was selected for a coffee table book. She said it was a long time ago that she found out, and she just forgot to tell me (still love you Nicole :). Anyways, she doesn't remember who published it or what the book is called, but she does know that my picture is displayed on coffee tables somewhere in the world.

Last, but not least...

*God is so good! I am still praying and seeking counsel about my long term goals, but today I have been offered 2 tutoring jobs. The families do not know eachother, they just heard about me through people they know. They live in the same neighborhood. One family needs me the hours of 3:30-5, and the other said it would be best if I came after 5. The neighborhood is within minutes of the school where I work, and the timing is perfect. One person called me at 3:30, the other at 4:30, and just like that it seems as though I will be financially covered until summer. Coincidence? No way. God provides!

With being in such a confusing time lately with so many big life choices, my best friend Mary Ann has been so supportive. She sent me some very encouraging scripture the other day, and I wanted to leave you with a couple verses that have really been a comfort in an anxious time. Maybe they'll bring you some peace as well.

Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:20-21


God Bless,

2 comments:

Renee Ann said...

I've always loved the Isaiah verses and have come across them several times lately. They're go-to verses for whenever I'm confused (or afraid). Your post reminded me of a quote by Oswald Chambers that was something like, "when you're in a fog of confusion, obey your way out." Blessings!

Shebecomes said...

Renee Ann- Yes, Isaiah is so packed full of good stuff. Its amazing that I've read it so many times, but then just at the right time someone gives me a verse I've forgotten all about that is just what I need. God Bless!