Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Way She Laughs

Because I can see her running through the park, giggling as the kite chasing behind her soars through the air.

I can see her swinging and asking to go Higher! Higher!

I can see her being tucked into bed at night and dozing off to words of her favorite book.

I can see her sitting at the dinner table, holding hands with her family, bowing her head and saying a prayer.

I can see her playing hide-and-go-seek with her brothers and sisters until they have exhausted every last corner and closest.

I can see her at school, waving her hand and hopping in her seat, eager to answer a question.

I can see her playing hopscotch and jumping rope, doing cartwheels and learning to rollerskate.

I can see her twirling excitingly and nervously through the living room, and hearing her dad tell her she is beautiful as she leaves for her first date.

I can see her learning to drive and bagging groceries after school to save every penny for a car.

I can see her graduate highschool.

I can see her in college.

I can see her become a nurse or a teacher, a social worker or a scientist, a doctor or a business woman, a missionary or a school bus driver- whatever she wants to be.

I can see her getting married.

I can see her becoming a mom.

I can see her having big dreams.

I can see her delighting in life.

And I can hear the way she laughs.

This is why I ask, can you help me find this little girl's family?





Thank you to all of you who have helped spread the word already. For those of you who missed my last post about Bethany, or intended to share her on your blog or facebook but haven't yet, I would be so grateful if you could help me get her picture out to as many people as possible.

Because she is waiting  for her family. Because God has bigger and better things planned for her than she or I could ever imagine. And somewhere out there, her family is searching for her.



I am linking up with Forget Me Not Friday over at Flight Platform Living.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

adding your badge of beautiful bethany now and of course she will remain in the forget-me-not friday linkup. beautiful post. xxx

Pam said...

Beautiful post!

Amy said...

This is just wonderful. I hope this beautiful little girl's family finds her soon.

Shebecomes said...

Thank you everyone.

@Jane- I realized in one of your posts last week that your Fracine and my Bethany are the same age and in the same orphange. It's sweet to think that they could be friends :)

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful post, Rebecca! Praying Bethany finds her family soon!